When was the last time you thought about your business phone system? Chances are how your team communicates other than email is not something you think about as a core business function. With more businesses and organizations moving away from landlines and brick and mortar offices, the choice of office phone systems is important to keep in mind.
Cloud-based phone systems offer unique features that can help improve overall communication and productivity for your business. If you are still using stand landlines for your company, consider moving to a VOIP phone system. VOIP, also called voice over internet protocol, uses the internet to connect users with each other immediately.
The right VOIP service can provide advantages beyond simple communication – it can provide conveniences such as immediate click-to-call and even recording features to document and transcribe conversations. In addition to keeping your current phone numbers, advantages include:
- Integration with Desk Phones: VOIP business phone systems can integrate with many current phone systems and several systems include hardware for a minimal upfront cost.
- Mobile Apps: Cell phone use has become common for business communication. With VOIP systems, you can easily forward calls from desk phones to mobile apps without the caller realizing the difference.
- Cloud Voicemail: Users can access voicemail from anywhere they have access to the internet. With VOIP systems, voicemail is saved to the cloud, offering easy access for retrieval.
- Conference Calling: Conference calling was difficult to set up using old phone systems and oftentimes callers couldn’t access conference calls easily. With today’s technology, conference calling is easy for both the administrator and the user.
- Call Recording: Most new business phone systems offer features to record calls with a click of the mouse or a push of a button. Some systems will even transcribe calls, making it simple to create meeting minutes or document conversations.